Download Taximeter for Android
Taximeter, an Android™ simulation of modern taximeters in more than 30 countries throughout the world.
- Realistic “LED effect” appearance and operation
- More than 50 predefined presets in over 30 countries
- Latest presets can be downloaded from the internet
- Customizable preset with 4 tariffs
- Custom preset wizard for easy setup
- Lockable preset
- Calendar controlled (with tariff auto-switch) or manual tariffs
- Minimum fare
- Yards/metres units
- Hire log with automatic send
- Event log with alerts
- Use On-Board Diagnostics (OBD) speed data to calculate distance instead of GPS (OBD-II compliant vehicle and an ELM327 compatible Bluetooth or USB OBD-II adapter are required. If you are using an USB adapter make sure the adapter uses a FTDI (FT232Rx) USB to serial chip, and that you have an Android™ device running Android™ 3.1+ that supports USB Host mode.)
- Receipt printing (Planet Coops' POS Print application and a compatible Bluetooth mobile printer are required).
- User guide
- Avoid being ripped off overseas
- Family "taxi"
|P.S. We've just added a handy little spreadsheet, Taximeter.xlsx, to help calculate unit distance and time given a mileage rate and waiting time per minute/hour.
There is a known issue for Motorola Atrix, Electrify and Photon phones running Android 2.3.x Gingerbread software versions.
These suffer from a GPS accuracy bug, where accuracy is always reported as 0m even though the GPS has a lock. As a consequence, Taximeter will never get past the "Waiting for a valid GPS fix..." message. At the moment the only solution is to root the phone and replace the /system/lib/libnmea.so library with an older version (1.8.3), see http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=21586204&postcount=5. Motorola are aware of the issue but it appears they are not planning any further software updates for these phones.