Download Taximeter for Android
Taximeter, an Android™ simulation of modern taximeters in more than 30 countries throughout the world.
- Realistic “LED effect” appearance and operation
- More than 50 predefined presets in over 30 countries
- Latest presets can be downloaded from the internet
- Calendar controlled (with tariff auto-switch) or manual tariffs
- Yards/meters units
- Customizable preset with 4 tariffs
- Lockable preset
- Hire log
- Use On-Board Diagnostics (OBD) speed data to calculate distance as an alternative to GPS (OBD-II compliant vehicle and ELM327 compatible Bluetooth adapter required)
- User guide
- Supports all screen densities
- Avoid being ripped off overseas
- Family "taxi"
There is a known issue for Motorola Atrix, Electrify and Photon phones running Android 2.3.x Gingerbread software versions.
These suffer from a GPS accuracy bug, where accuracy is always reported as 0m even though the GPS has a lock. As a consequence, Taximeter will never get past the "Waiting for a valid GPS fix..." message. At the moment the only solution is to root the phone and replace the /system/lib/libnmea.so library with an older version (1.8.3), see http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=21586204&postcount=5
. Motorola are aware of the issue and we are hoping any subsequent software update for the phones fixes the problem.